Previous News Posts:
May 2, 2020
The Board of Directors met Saturday, May 2 to discuss current recommendations and next steps. Unfortunately, we do not have enough information to make a decision at this time. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation and are meeting regularly so we can make the best decision for our campers, staff, and community.
Previous posts are still valid. Please review for additional updates like registration form due dates and our updated refund policy.
-----April 15, 2020
The Board of Directors has continued to meet regularly to review and discuss the latest recommendations from various sources such as the CDC, NYS Health Department, and American Camp Association. At this point, we are planning on business as usual this summer. Guaranteed there will be many changes between now and then, and we will alert enrolled families and our extended camp community if and when our summer plan changes.
We our extending the Health Forms deadline (typically June 1st) to two weeks prior to the encampment start date. We know many families are having difficulty reaching their pediatrician to complete the forms. See our Forms page for updated due dates for each encampment.
March 31, 2020
Please read our latest refund policy for 2020.
March 15, 2020
For more than 80 years, Ma-He-Tu has lived by the core value of providing a safe and fun outdoor experience for girls. This enduring value guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on Wednesday, March 11, 2020.
In this chaotic time, we know summer fun may not be your primary focus, but we want to assure you that the safety of our campers is our TOP priority. While the start of camp is still many months away, we want you to know we are closely monitoring the fast-changing situation and are continually reviewing CDC, ACA (American Camp Association), and New York State Health Department recommendations to shape our policy and guide any action we may need to take.
At this point, we are planning on business as usual this summer. Guaranteed there will be many changes between now and then, and we will alert enrolled families and our extended camp community if and when our summer plan changes.
In the upcoming months, we have two Virtual Open Houses scheduled and have moved our Board of Directors meetings to remote conference calls. The first camp gathering of the season is an Open House currently scheduled for May 3.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we respond to this quickly evolving situation. During this trying time, we are encouraged by the spirit of our Ma-He-Tu family across the country and love connecting with you on social media. Continue to take care of yourself and others - we look forward to seeing you soon.
The Camp Ma-He-Tu Board of Directors