Best. Camp. Ever.Camp Ma-He-Tu is a sleep-away camp for girls ages 7-15. Established in 1937, we are located along the shores of Lake Kanawauke in Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain, just 40 miles north of New York City.
At Ma-He-Tu, all of our campers from, youngest to oldest, find a place where they can be themselves; a place where they belong. Campers safely enjoy exciting adventures, learn new skills and make life-long friends in a supportive and caring environment.
If you are looking for a small, personal and incredibly FUN camp - we are the place for you! Our girls make 110 new friends by the time the encampment session is over.
Make discoveries. Make friends. Make memories. Make it Ma-He-Tu this summer!
Announcements, Announcements, Anno-unce-ments!
- Meet our director, Alyssa Fine!
- 2017 Registration is now OPEN! The countdown to camp is ON and we still have openings for Women in the Woods, 2nd encampment, and 4th encampment! 3rd encampment is WAITING LIST only!
- Download and complete all camper forms ASAP!
- Registered? Make sure to read our Parent Manual. In it you will learn about basic camp procedures, check-in and check-out processes, and important reminders when preparing for camp!
- Share your best family recipes with firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the 80th anniversary official Camp Ma-He-Tu cookbook.
- The Annual Youth Regatta is scheduled for August 2nd (rain date August 3rd.) More details will be posted in the coming weeks!